Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-27 07:00:32

Den 26-09-2017 kl. 20:08 skrev Fletcher, John P via Boost:

> I should have given a reference. Here is one.
>
> http://okasaki.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/ten-years-of-purely-functional-data.html
>
> This is the authors comments on 10 years from publication.
>
> If you put the title into google you will get lots of information.
>
> My point is that there is a strong theoretical basis in this area and one of the issues for me is how far this has been taken into account in this new work.
>
> I was not until recently familiar with the work. It has helped me a lot understand the underlying problems in this area and I want to know whether the author of the library has looked at it. There is nothing in the documentation that I have seen about the wider issues.

I don't think Benedek have looked at it. Immutable data structures are
certainly interesting, and some work has been done about this in C++
too. One would be:

https://sinusoid.es/immer/

But it is also 100% irrelevant for the current review which is about
normal mutable C++ containers.

kind regards

Thorsten