Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-27 19:10:16

El 27/09/2017 a las 18:23, Thorsten Ottosen via Boost escribió:

> For 32-bit release mode on windows 7 64 bit with intel i7-2700K:
>
> [...]
>
> So basically the same as your results. The case for segment size 32
> and a non-trivial lambda
> does show some speedup, doesn't it?
>
> For 64-bit release mode on windows 7 64 bit with intel i7-2700K:
>
> [...]
>
> I don't know why a 64-bit program would be slower, but there seems to
> be a larger
> difference here.

I have no idea: ints are the same size in 64-bit mode, so the resulting
structures are basically
the same, I'd say. Anyway, there does seem to be cases where the
difference is
substantial, which could merit having specialized versions of std
algorithms for batch_deque
(or more generally, as discussed also in this thread, for segmented
structures). I can try to
help with that since I did something similar for Boost.PolyCollection
(with an additional feature,
namely type restitution, which is not applicable here).

Joaquín M López Muñoz