Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Soul Studios (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 07:10:29

>> That has pretty much been refuted by third party testing as far as I'm
>> aware. In my personal experience I found no performance difference
>> between fbvector and libstc++'s.
>
> Any source on that?

The first, yes: this is worth reading through, including the links:
https://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/2ezwee/stdvector_optimization_by_facebook/

The second, just early testing on my part. I didn't publish any of it.
But certainly there was no significant difference in my testing.

>>> Actually, no need to look at something like FBVector, the VS2017 STL
>>> std::vector implementation uses the following growth policy:
>>>
>>> capacity += capacity / 2;
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how that used to be, on the MSDN blog (not that long
>>> ago) it
>>> was noted that an overhaul of std::vector was implemented. I think I
>>> remember it used to duplicate before (but cannot verify that anymore).
>>>

>> It used to be closer to 1.5 - I'm glad they changed it.
>
> Seems like its still 1.5 to me.

Sorry, I misread degski's message-