Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-28 11:31:26

I can't read the attached fully, but it seems an significant calculation to document properly (or reference fully) in any software that is using a growth factor.

Boost has the floating-point constant phi

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_1/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/constants.html

but perhaps it needs to be integral-ish like 1.5?

But the assumptions made by need to be documented and examined closely too?

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But in practice, there's no similarity."
Jan L A van de Snepscheut

"It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong."
Richard P. Feynman

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow