Subject: Re: [boost] [review] The review of Boost.DoubleEnded starts today: September 21 - September 30
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-09-29 13:25:06

On 29/09/2017 09:17, Bjorn Reese via Boost wrote:
> On 09/27/2017 11:06 PM, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
>
>> Usually the choice is usually between a factor of 2 and 1.5. The
>> theoretical limit value for the growth factor to be able to reuse
>> previously allocated memory is roughly 1.61. Howard Hinnant shared with
>
> There are several factors in play, so we may need a slightly more
> sophisticated growth policy.

Me personally, my biggest complaint with the STL containers is that you
don't get direct control over when they call malloc or free.

My great hope remains that for STL2 we get new STL2 containers which
never reallocate without being asked to by the programmer.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting