Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Rethinking feature macros?
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-06 02:21:07

Edward Diener wrote:

> I brought up SD-6 for Boost Config some time ago, but the original
> objection was that a great deal of the standard c++ header files would
> have to be included by Boost Config to use most of SD-6.

Config already uses the SD-6 macros when possible, but what I'm suggesting
is for it not to use it, but to define it when the implementation does not
support them, so that libraries can use them.

For correct use, the library would need to include both the standard header
defining the __cpp_lib_... macro and boost/config.hpp, as the macro could be
defined by either.

This is admittedly a bit more fragile than the present arrangement. Compiler
macros don't need a header to be included though, so for them, just
boost/config.hpp would be needed.