Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Rethinking feature macros?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-06 02:49:24

>> VS2017 also supports them.
>
> It does? Which macros does VS2017 define?

The ones in the latest SD-6 proposal. And only those, not the ones which
used to be in there.

> Do you have specific examples of macros being removed?
You will see a raft of macros in:

https://github.com/ned14/quickcpplib/blob/master/include/cpp_feature.h

... which have been commented out with four ////. Those are vanishing
from compilers like clang trunk, so I thought it best to purge the
purged macros from my code.

That file is probably out of date, they probably have purged some more
SG-6 feature test macros by now. I can see them removing all the C++ 11
and C++ 14 feature tests before it goes for standardisation, though I
daresay standard library implementers will howl about it. But I guess it
stops people jumping that SG proposal into a fait accompli
standardisation before it's ready.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting