Subject: Re: [boost] Including a system link library for every test, but only on mingw-w64 builds?
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-08 14:08:58

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Steven Watanabe via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 11/06/2017 01:48 PM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> > Is BOOST_AUTO_LINK supposed to work on mingw-w64 builds with gcc? I'm
> > guessing not since I believe this is a MSVC concept, so I am looking for
> > bjam recipe that will allow me to add the link library bcrypt.lib to all
> of
> > the tests in a project's test directory if the build is on a windows
> system
> > and not using msvc toolset. Are these any examples out there?
> >

> The conditional would look like
> <toolset>gcc,<target-os>windows:...

That allows me to make a conditional <cxxflags> or <link> or whatnot, by
appending it to the end.

How do I apply this to control whether a bjam directive (like [ run ... ])
is executed on a given platform?
I am trying to use this technique to run the same test multiple times with
different macros to engage
mocking so that error paths can be tested, and some combinations of macros
are superfluous on some
platforms. I would also like to use this technique to prevent a short
benchmark from building and running
in the debug variant.

- Jim