Subject: Re: [boost] Seeking endorsement for the reflection library (PFR)
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-09 18:22:16

9 нояб. 2017 г. 14:56 пользователь "Peter Dimov via Boost" <
boost_at_[hidden]> написал:

Antony Polukhin wrote:

You can not extract the X1 and X2 types from ubiq{} without registering
> them in the map first or exploiting core language issue. However you can
> register all the builtin types in the map, flatten the X3 till builtin
> types and extract that knowledge.

You got me wondering here. Is it not possible to pass an array of size_t to
the size_t* parameter, instead of a single size_t, and then encode the
layout of X1 in it?

Yes, that is what the flat reflection does. But during this operation the
X1 type flattens/decays to the the basic types. You can not get X1 from a
record of {int, int}. And you can not remember X1 because it is not
registered in the map.