Subject: Re: [boost] [release] 1.66.0 closing for beta tomorrow
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-10 23:24:17

On 11/11/17 01:49, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Daniel James via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'll close the master branch for the beta release tomorrow. Sorry
>> we've been quiet about the release and that this is a bit short
>> notice.
>

> I had a late request to revert the change to the
> boost:uuids::string_generator invalid
> parsing exception type (was std::runtime_error, I had changed it to
> std::invalid_argument;
> the request was to change it back). I need to make this change and remove
> the relevant
> release note.

Some relevant links. The original (incorrect) change was:

https://github.com/boostorg/uuid/commit/07f68d3b9ce95bbde19b0212293f5110d363e050

The change that is proposed to be merged is this:

https://github.com/boostorg/uuid/pull/54

> Do I have time to do this?

(Disclaimer: I'm not a release manager.) Normally, you need some time
for tests to cycle (in our official testers). The change is rather
simple though, it might be fine to just wait for CI to complete, which
it hopefully will until the beta freeze.

In any case, there will be a window open for merging after the beta is
out. You can merge the fix then.