Subject: Re: [boost] [test] [build] best practices for looking up data files from test executables
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-14 10:28:44

Le 13.11.17 à 22:17, Stefan Seefeld via Boost a écrit :
> On 13.11.2017 16:06, Steven Watanabe via Boost wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>> On 11/13/2017 01:54 PM, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> Hmm - I do this in serialization library. My believe is that the tests
>>> are run while the current directory is set to the test directory.
>> Boost.Build never changes the current directory.
>> If you run the tests from the test directory, then
>> this will work. If you run them from somewhere else
>> (say $BOOST_ROOT/status), then it won't.
>
> Ah, but the cwd surely differs depending on whether I run `.../b2` from
> the boost root directory, within the project root directory or the
> project test/ subdirectory, doesn't it ? How can I make the test
> executable find the data directory independently of where I call
> `.../b2` from ? I believe this is where a command-line argument would
> help, but accessing that from within the boost::test machinery seems
> tricky, to say the least.

For the boost.test part:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_65_1/libs/test/doc/html/boost_test/tests_organization/test_suite/master_test_suite.html#boost_test.tests_organization.test_suite.master_test_suite.command_line_arguments_access_in

you can pass custom arguments after the -- on the command line.