Subject: Re: [boost] seeking endorsement for histogram library
From: Hans Dembinski (hans.dembinski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-14 13:31:16

Dear Francesco,

> On 13. Nov 2017, at 19:09, Francesco Guerrieri <f.guerrieri_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hi this proposal is of great interest to me, thanks for sharing your work with us. Which compilers/OSs are supported?

I tested the code on OSX with Apple clang, and via TravisCI on several versions of gcc on Linux. The CMake build works on both OSX and Linux. I wanted to also test Windows via Appveyor, but couldn't get my CMake build script to work with msvc. I am passing compiler flags directly, which works for clang and gcc, but naturally not for msvc. Debugging this non-interactively, by committing a change to github, letting Appveyor run, seeing it breaking again..., was a pain and I stopped at some point.

If an expert for Windows had a look at my CMakeLists.txt, it is probably something that could be easily fixed.

Best regards,
Hans