Subject: Re: [boost] bjam boost build on windows - changing the path strategy (stage)
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-16 03:27:29

On 16/11/2017 14:47, James E. King, III wrote:
>>> I would like to build boost into a prefix directory (.\b2.exe
>>> --prefix=C:\prefix) containing "C:\prefix\include\boost\..." and
>>> "C:\prefix\lib", just like the linux build does. On Windows it builds
>>> into
>>> ""C:\prefix\include\boost-1_66\boost\..." instead - is there a bjam
>>> control
>>> to get rid of the version in the prefix include path for header copies?
[...]
> I am asking for a way for bjam to remove boost-1_66 in the path to the
> include during the install job because I am going to package up include/
> and lib/ into a jfrog repository for a gradle build system.
> I guess I will just move include/boost-1_66/boost into include/boost and
> then package it, then move it back so that I can build again incrementally.

FWIW, it's probably controlled by the --layout=versioned setting, but
you probably don't want to change this as it also affects the library names.

Personally, I just use the stage target and then manually copy the files
from stage\lib and include\boost myself; install always ends up doing
something weird that I don't like, so I avoid it.