Subject: [boost] [density] paged memory and concurrency
From: Giuseppe Campana (giu.campana_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-17 10:18:32

Hi,
in the last year I’ve been experimenting concurrent data structures on
density, a C++11 library focused on:
- Page-based memory management.
- Heterogeneous and function queues. Single-threaded, mutex-ed,
lock-free and spin-locking versions are available. Lock-free and
spin-locking queues support any combination of single/multiple
producers/consumers.
- Lifo memory management, mainly to provide a safe alternative to alloca
with almost the same performances.
- Parametric control of the progress guarantee in concurrent algorithms.

I have to do a major update to fix the known issues, so I’d like to
receive any feedback before it, especially about the design.

The document
http://giucamp.github.io/density/doc/html/implementation.pdf explains
the implementation of almost everything, though it’s quite long.
Documentation: http://giucamp.github.io/density/doc/html/index.html
Repository: https://github.com/giucamp/density

Is there any interest on it?
Giuseppe Campana.