Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.66.0 Beta 1 Release Candidate 1
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-17 19:34:24

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Daniel James via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 17 November 2017 at 16:02, Stefan Seefeld via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > So just for avoidance of doubt: at some point in the near future someone
> > will send out a note to the list that the `master` branch is open for
> > bug fixes, at which point this can be merged. Correct ?
>
> Yes, once the beta is out, master will be open fixes. Although you can
> merge this change now if you want, I'll include it if there's a second
> release candidate for the beta, otherwise it will be picked up when
> the commit bot is restarted on master.

I had assumed that we were waiting for b1_rc2 for this fix, since it was
identified as a clear breakage for one of the supported compilers.
I'd personally like to see the releases (and also betas) at least build the
libraries that need to be built across the >=msvc-10.0 compilers.

Tom