Subject: [boost] Outcome v2 peer review dates set
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-11-28 08:42:03

Outcome v2 will be up for its post-peer-review second review between
Friday 19th January and Sunday 28th January with Charley Bay once again
serving as review manager. In case you'd like to give it a whirl before
then:

Docs: https://ned14.github.io/outcome/

Single file edition:
https://github.com/ned14/outcome/raw/develop/single-header/outcome.hpp

Boost edition repo: https://github.com/ned14/boost-outcome

Standalone edition repo: https://github.com/ned14/outcome

List of changes since v1: https://github.com/ned14/outcome#changes-since-v1

Compilers needed: GCC 6, clang 4, VS2017 (C++ 14 minimum, C++ 20 preferred)

Acknowledgements
----------------
This post-peer-review complete rebuild of Outcome was actually a
collaborative effort by a number of the Boost community, and it has been
significantly influenced for it.

I'd firstly like to thank Charley for taking on the role of review
manager for a second time, especially given that he knows from the first
time what an awful lot of work it's going to be for him. I am *hoping*
that seeing as v2 Outcome is literally a tick box set of the changes you
guys recommended last time, that this review will be a quick and simple
review. We shall see.

I'd like to thank Andrzej for writing the beginning of the tutorial. It
set the tone and pacing which I then extended to the rest of the
tutorial, and I think the benefit of that shows through as this should
be a vast improvement on the (many) v1 tutorials. Andrzej also found
many bugs, asked many clever "stupid questions", and acted as a constant
peer reviewer throughout the development of v2, including suggesting the
present design for payload transport. Andrzej has had a huge influence
in the shape, and direction, of this library. I cannot thank him enough,
and although he declined being listed as coauthor, I'm thinking of
"special thanks to" or something like that in the authorship list as he
went above and beyond in his contribution.

I'd like to thank Jonathan Müller for doing so much work on his
Standardese tool to support Outcome. The current reference API docs on
the Outcome website are but a wisp of what will hopefully be in place by
the time of the review. Jonathan has had to wrestle with many libclang
demons smoked out by Outcome pushing the state of the art, and will have
to wrestle with many more yet, but already the huge improvements over
the doxygen reference API docs are evident.

If anybody has any questions or feedback between now and the review,
please let rip. Otherwise thanks for reading!

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting