Subject: Re: [boost] Announcement: Faber, a new build system based on bjam
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-03 00:20:52

On 02.12.2017 19:12, Domen Vrankar via Boost wrote:

> And as I said as a front end it doesn't really add anything worth
> mentioning - just puts a different make up on it.

Domen,

no need to defend CMake. If you like it, by all means, keep using it.
I have described at length what I think is wrong with CMake, and I know
lots of people who agree with me (even if they don't think that Faber is
the solution to those problems).
I don't intend to convince CMake lovers to switch away from their tool
of choice, but I do offer something for those who need a portable build
system but aren't satisfied with either CMake or b2.

Stefan