Subject: Re: [boost] Policy for breaking changes
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-03 16:33:14

On Sun, Dec 3, 2017 at 6:07 AM, Niall Douglas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 03/12/2017 02:37, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:

> >> Boost.Hana2
> >>

> > That was a joke, right?
>
> Louis said:
>
> > this would be a large breaking change, with all kinds
> > of API changes
>
> That's obviously a Boost.Hana2. No joke. Not sure why you thought that.

Because if it's a big enough change to require a new library module.. It
should also require an entirely new name.. And an entirely new review. I.e.
if it's different enough it's no longer Hana. It might solve the same
domain but it will do it in a different manner.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything