Subject: Re: [boost] Info: Boost.Config is older than your compiler version - message is surprising
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-08 15:02:17

On 8 December 2017 at 08:44, degski <degski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But autolinking will never work with using Clang?
>>

> From what I see, this used to wok fine (with Clang/LLVM). Some libs
> though, in general, won't auto-link, like system, if you link to random or
> filesystem.

There's really no reason why this shouldn't work (from the IDE) as
Clang/LLVM uses the vc-linker for linking (and the auto-linking pragma's
are in the headers). If you use lld as your linker (in case you would like
to use thin-lto), lld seems to find lots of stuff on its own (when given
the proper directories). Unfortunately, it does not seem possible to use
lld from the IDE, you'll have to use the command line. Also if you want to
use thin-lto, you'll have to build boost with clang (stack trace does not
compile), instrumented for thin-lto. The use of thin-lto (can) give some
really great (speed) improvements over the non-lto version (I've found
full-lto to be a pessimisation).

degski

--
"*Ihre sogenannte Religion wirkt bloß wie ein Opiat reizend, betäubend,
Schmerzen aus Schwäche stillend.*" - Novalis 1798