Subject: Re: [boost] [hash] Extract module from functional + std::hash_combine
From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-19 15:23:05

> The C++11 std::hash was specified before boost::hash was created, so...

source :
https://github.com/boostorg/functional/blob/develop/include/boost/functional/hash/hash.hpp

// Copyright 2005-2014 Daniel James.
// Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0. (See
accompanying
// file LICENSE_1_0.txt or copy at http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt)

You're saying that the c++11 standard codified std::hash in 2005? This
seems to me to be an extraordinary claim.

More likely is that std::hash is the retarded cousin of boost::hash, and
the c++11 committee's gravest error.