Subject: Re: [boost] [hash] Extract module from functional + std::hash_combine
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-19 18:22:15

On 19/12/2017 14:31, Daniel James via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to extract hash from functional into its own module, as
> that will apparently break the circular dependencies that functional
> is part of. Any objections? Also, any opinions on what the module
> should be called? 'hash' might suggest a more general purpose hash
> function, so maybe it should be called something more specific.

I think it's a good idea. A boost::hash is basic building block that
every class can use (to be inserted in a hash map), so I think it's
better to isolate it with minimum dependencies in its own module. Hash
Core module sounds good but does this mean that we will add new headers
on boost/hash_core/hash.hpp/hash_fwd.hpp/extensions.hpp and old
functional headers will be redirected to those? I think this is a good
idea to minimize dependencies on functional as some of my libraries only
use boost::hash.

Best,

Ion