Subject: Re: [boost] library maintainer list
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-23 22:35:55

On 23.12.2017 16:32, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> I'm curious about how I might go about discovering and contacting the
> person(s) who might be maintaining a particular library.  As an
> example, I have a couple of questions about possible enhancements to
> the boost interval library (what about making this constexpr?).
I think
https://github.com/boostorg/interval/blob/develop/meta/libraries.json
ought to provide that information.

> Ideally, I'd like to see a summary page for each library which steers
> me to the appropriate links like issues, comments/issues page,
> maintainence status etc. such as the boost library incubator has.
> Actually, I considered just adding these pages to the boost library
> incubator website, but I didn't have the motivation and it might stir
> a pot I personally don't want to stir right now.

I fully agree, the landing page of each library ought to provide such a
table (possibly automatically populated from data in the respective
meta/libraries.json file). Initially that could be fully automated, and
missing information could be filled in with default values, so library
maintainers can replace them with whatever they need.

(If we really must, we an of course also generate a global page that
presents all those library-specific data in a single place. But that
page should always be generated from library-specific metadata.)

Stefan