Subject: Re: [boost] library maintainer list
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2017-12-24 18:24:53

On 12/23/17 11:59 PM, Marc Glisse wrote:

>> (what about making this constexpr?).
> That's going to be hard, unless you are happy with making only trivial
> things (construct, copy) constexpr
How come?  I looked at the code it seems doable.  When I first looked at
the code some months ago, it seemed too hard to adapt to my use case.
So I made my own specific version.  Of course I was wrong and I now I
see that my original use case was ill-factored.  I do have my own
constexpr version, but now it should be about the same as the Boost
version.  Granted, this might be an ambitious, long and tedious change,
but I other than that, I don't see any fundamental obstacle to
implementing it.  Actually, I would much like to see the documentation
improved as well.  But by the time we're done, it's really interval2
rather than just a tweak to interval.

I've studied the package in some detail.  I believe it is well done -
but since it was done, I think we have somewhat expectations than we did
then.

--
Robert Ramey
www.rrsd.com