Subject: [boost] Need help with bootstrap.bat
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-03 10:04:19

Hi Everyone,
Maybe someone can help me with configuring bootstrap.bat. I am trying to
set up the environment for developing boost libraries, and it is my
understanding that the first step (after cloning a git repository) is to
build b2 itself using the script bootstrap.bat. I got this from
instructions at https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Getting-Started
(n.b. It was very difficult to find this page as there is no direct link
from www.boost.org). I am using MinGW on Windows, no Visual Studio
installed. Nonetheless bootstrap.bat concludes that it should compile with
cl.exe, and it does not work. I know that MinGWis not supported, but I have
to take my chances. Maybe somebody knows how to instruct bootstrap.bat to
select a GCC compiler and tools?

Regards,
&rzej;