Subject: Re: [boost] Google Summer of Code 2018
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-11 07:23:47

> A student here rather than a mentor, but I'd still like to propose a
> project. Last year we had a Boost.StaticMap[1] project which evolved into
> Boost.StaticViews[2]. Niall Douglas was kind enough to mentor me during
> the summer.

I'd like to say that Tom was a great student last year, and that his
coding was impressive. The project is niche, but serves that niche well
and can plug into greater things.

I'd prefer another Boost member to mentor him if possible as this
summer, unlike last summer, I have an extremely full schedule. I am
working away from home in Dublin in an onsite contract for long, long
hours per day during which my internet access is severely restricted (no
Google services for example, all blocked). I get about two free hours
per day on the train commuting to and from work during which internet
barely works. My weekends are currently spent 100% looking after small
children. I unfortunately would not be able to act as a useful mentor to
Tom this summer, so if anyone else could step up, it would be very helpful.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting