Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] uuid test_serialization ubsan error
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-20 16:32:47

On 1/19/18 9:03 PM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 11:55 PM, James E. King, III <jking_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a ubsan test error in uuid/test/test_serialization - is the
>> code in that test using archive the right way?

I saw new test failures in the test matrix under Darwin/Marshall-UBSAN
but I don't see them now. It's totally believable to me that there is
some undefined behavior in the serialization library implementation. In
fact, it may well be that the serialization library cannot perform all
it's functionality or pass all it's tests without using undefined
behavior. Of course this would raise a number of interesting questions
but first I want to spend some time looking at this. I don't have time
right now but I will get to it. I have one other subtle pending issue
to resolve. Neither of these are "quick fixes" that one can just
implement with some serious thought.

Robert Ramey