Subject: Re: [boost] [bjam] Can I disable a test based on an environment variable?
From: James E. King, III (jking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-21 13:15:26

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 12:17 AM, Steven Watanabe via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 01/20/2018 10:03 PM, James E. King, III via Boost wrote:
> > I'd like to disable some serialization tests if I am running a ubsan
> build
> > on travis. Is there a way in the Jamfile I can make it conditional on an
> > environment variable, or should I define something like
> > BOOST_DATE_TIME_UBSAN and put "if !defined" in the appropriate tests?
> >

> import os ;
> if ! [ os.environ BOOST_DATE_TIME_UBSAN ]
> {
> }
>
> This will work with both environment variables and
> -sBOOST_DATE_TIME_UBSAN=... on the command line.
>
> For the record, I think that disabling tests like
> this is a great way to make sure that the bug
> never gets fixed.
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

My intention is to get UBSAN goodness for DateTime which has uncovered some
overflow
issues in the special value handling. I cannot easily complete fixing
these without disabling
that test during UBSAN builds. I have already submitted a pull request
into Boost.Serialization
that runs UBSAN during the build and expect that will be enough to trigger
resolution.

https://github.com/boostorg/serialization/pull/87
https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/serialization/builds/331103563

Thanks,