Subject: Re: [boost] Travis CI Resources
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-22 14:33:34

James E. King, III wrote:

> I'm not convinced it is due to mac jobs. I have no mac jobs in three
> repositories because of the delays there; my linux-only PRs are still
> experiencing a 12 hour delay running.

As I said, stuck Mac jobs reduce the Linux parallelism from 5 to 3.

> Travis is at least smart enough not to block the 5 available build runners
> if there are no mac resources to run anything... it'll keep running 5
> concurrent.

No, it doesn't, it runs 3. Look at it.

Your delay at this specific moment is indeed due to boostorg/system feature
branch work, but that's because you're lucky. Usually, you'll be stuck
waiting for something like
https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/math/builds/330892193 and no amount of
rallying against feature branches will save you.