Subject: Re: [boost] Travis CI Resources
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-22 15:50:19

>> Usually, you'll be stuck waiting for something like
>> https://travis-ci.org/boostorg/math/builds/330892193 and no amount of
>> rallying against feature branches will save you.
>
> That said, you're quite correct that working from a fork is a superior
> workflow.

It's inconvenient though. I work with Boost repos exclusively on
boostorg (except when I prepare PRs for repos I have no push permissions
for), so I always know where the most recent version is. Having to
select the remote whenever you push changes adds more churn and another
layer of "need to merge" reminders in my backlog. Also, I think multiple
remotes don't work with "git push --all".

IMHO, if Travis doesn't work for me or the community on boostorg, I will
probably consider disabling it altogether in my repos.