Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Some documentation suggestions
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-24 18:49:13

> - You put too much focus in "open (error) type hierarchies" (e.g.
> `error_code`). Not a problem. Also, do not change anything just because
> this comment. Really, it is not a problem.

This is true. It stems from an assumption that people likely to use
Outcome already understand error coding enums, and need to be made more
aware of how to speak `error_code` using their existing error coding enums.

> - The beginning of the documentation gave me the impression that I could
> only use EC types that were convertible to `std::error_code`[1], “it need
> in fact to merely satisfy trait::has_error_code_v<EC>”. Later pages
> corrected my understanding.

Ok, I'll clarify that any EC type can be used on your [1].

> - “only works when the EC type is the same in the try expression as the
> calling function”[2] is misleading. `OUTCOME_TRYV(outcome::result<int,
> err>{err::success})` works inside a function returning
> `outcome::result<void>` given `err` is convertible to `std::error_code`.

I'll clarify this as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Niall

--