Subject: Re: [boost] [Root Pointer] Deterministic C++ memory manager (update)
From: Phil Bouchard (philippeb8_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-25 21:04:16

On 12/24/2017 05:29 PM, Phil Bouchard via Boost wrote:

> Here is yet another important update:
> https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr/tree/master/include/boost/smart_ptr
>
> I've been testing Fornux C Leak Detector (modified Clang which uses
> Root.Ptr) with a modified libarchive 3.2.2:
> https://github.com/philippeb8/libarchive/commit/5858b5c047301123ffdf05f247f7d191829d5a9b

For the starters, I've updated the simple example (I will have to update
downcasting again):
https://github.com/philippeb8/root_ptr/blob/master/example/root_ptr_example1.cpp

So once again this solution is divided into 3 major steps:

1) Commercial Clang-based parser that generates all the necessary code
for C (already completed) and C++ applications later on.

2) Integration into Boost the day Boost will support generation of metadata.

3) Attempt to promote all this to the C++ ISO Standards (it will have to
support metadata, implicit parameters and implicit compound statement
instances).

Any help is always appreciated to polish the Open Source counterpart.

*** Warning: ***

The code uses:

- "reinterpret_cast" because the C++ language is not perfect and I have
no other choice. I will try again later to sort it out.

- "mutable" because I need to be able to change r-values.

Sincerely,
Phil Bouchard
www.fornux.com