Subject: Re: [boost] [outcome] Andrzej's review
From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-26 19:09:19

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The only way to test it is to give this library the Boost blessing and have
> the user test it. I am bought by the TRY operations, and the upgrade to
> `outcome` looks really convincing.

Acceptance into Boost should not be used to "give users a library to
test." Motivated users are more than capable of using libraries that
are not already in Boost (for example, Beast already had a nicely
sized following before being accepted). This sounds a lot like the bad
practice of rushing libraries into the standard. Or another variation
of "we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

A library that is good will find users adopting it regardless of
whether the name "Boost" appears in front of it or not.

Thanks