Subject: Re: [boost] [review] outcome broken on MSVC, plus questions
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-27 18:43:46

Hi Niall,

Still working on the review; I had the following questions while
reading the threads:

1. Which versions of MSVC 2017 does boost-outcome not work on, right now?

2. According to the documentation, outcome and boost-outcome both
require MSVC 2017, right?
i.e. They do not support MSVC 2015 or lower?

3. Is standalone outcome fine with MSVC2017, only boost-outcome that is broken?
  3.1. If so, is it right that the boost-outcome repository is
"generated" from the outcome repository?
  And is that the reason that boost-outcome is broken on MSVC 2017?

4. Would you happen to know how does your outcome/result compare to
Peter's outcome/result in variant2?
(I saw you point out that Peter implemented expected, and then I saw
he also had an outcome/result implementation in variant2).
  4.1. What different compilers and standards does his support
compared to yours?
  4.2. What kind of code is generated from his implementation compared to yours?

Thanks,
Glen