Subject: Re: [boost] [review] outcome broken on clang/libstdc++ (Linux) and Apple clang/libc++ and gcc 7.2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-28 00:24:08

> the only
> thing we do know is that gcc-7.2 and lower won't handle it at all)...

My main development environment is MSVC on Windows as it's the lowest
common denominator usually. Then it's GCC on Linux. Finally, only
occasionally, I give it a whirl on clang on FreeBSD.

Outcome may cause GCC to sometimes ICE in its unit tests, but really I
assure you that GCC is a fine compiler to write Outcome based code with.
You very rarely encounter problems in normal coding, and GCC has a
Concepts implementation which Outcome uses and makes for much more
useful compiler error messages, plus I suspect it's a bit faster to
compile as Concepts are easier than SFINAE to evaluate.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting