Subject: Re: [boost] [review] outcome broken on clang/libstdc++ (Linux) and Apple clang/libc++ and gcc 7.2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-28 00:57:27

>> If you want more useful compiler error messages, I would recommend
>> wholeheartedly Clang/LLVM <https://llvm.org/builds/>...
>>

> From what I read, STL stated that MS is testing the VC-STL against
> Clang/LLVM to sort out the bugs...

The Dinkumware STL is, and always has been, portable across compilers
and architectures. QNX ship Dinkumware as the system STL with GCC as the
compiler for example. Anyone can buy in Dinkumware as their STL for
their whatever weird platform for the right fee. It's a commercial
product totally separate from Microsoft, who are merely one of many
customers, though probably their biggest.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting