Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-30 19:23:34

On 01/30/18 21:40, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> 2. The source code is generated from another project with a different
>>> license.
>>
>> Hmmmm - could you elaborate on this please? I'm aware I could track it down
>> on my own, but since you've already done this, it seems much easier just to
>> ask you.
>
> <https://github.com/ned14/outcome/blob/master/Licence.txt>

I believe, the author is allowed to distribute his work under multiple
licenses. We (Boost) can only require that the version of the library
that is proposed for Boost is licensed under the BSL. In the few files
that I checked there is the BSL license quoted in the header comment
(although a few files were missing any license), so it looks like the
Boost.Outcome library is licensed under the BSL.

Note to Niall. Please, make sure that every file contains a license
header, including the source code, tests and documentation. You might
also want to consider using the recommended header[1] for applying the
license. I believe, the presence of this or reasonably similar header is
verified by the inspection tool that generates this[2] report.

[1]: http://www.boost.org/users/license.html
[2]: http://boost.cowic.de/rc/docs-inspect-develop.html