Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-01-31 09:53:21

<snip>

> What is the reason for Boost.Outcome requiring C++14? If it
> is the `constexpr` guarantees, could the `constexpr` be just dropped for
> non-C++14 compilers?

Of course, Boost has some macros that might help with this

BOOST_CONSTEXPR_OR_CONST ...

But I can't see any objection to requiring a C++14 compiler. I suspect Outcome will mainly or only be used for new projects, a good
time to start using the most recent (and fewer bugged) compiler.

Paul

PS I haven't felt qualified to make a worthwhile review, but I would vote ACCEPT from reading the views of other reviewers. Many of
the objections seem insubstantial.