Subject: [boost] [CppCMS] What can be contributed to Boost?
From: Artyom Beilis (artyom.beilis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-02 18:30:14

Hello Dear Boost Developers,

Recently

I had released CppCMS - C++ Web Framework 1.2 under MIT license
instead of LGPLv3
See: http://cppcms.com

Since CppCMS project had already contributed some of its parts for Boost:

Boost.Locale - in Boost for long time
Boost.Nowide (passed review still need some my time to integrate to release)

I wanted to renew the discussions of what parts may interest the
community Boost outside CppCMS.

Some samples I thought of:
Once I can think of is cppcms::json

http://cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/cppcms_1x_json
http://cppcms.com/cppcms_ref/latest/classcppcms_1_1json_1_1value.html

Also it should be updated to C++11 and probably do some small features
updates. it is one of the fastest JSON parsers around (and yes it is
way faster and convenient than one in property tree)

What do you think?
--------------------------------------
Another one that was already discussed once is CppDB:
http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/
It also needs C++11 updates in general and is already under dual
Boost/MIT License. It was discussed before but nothing moved further.

Some smart pointers I find very useful especially for Pimpl implementation:

hold_ptr -> similar to scope ptr but object constness is same as the pointer
copy_ptr-> copies underlying object upon copy (very useful for pimpl)
clone_ptr->clones objects.

Regards,
  Artyom Beilis