Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Review of Outcome v2 (Fri-19-Jan to Sun-28-Jan, 2018)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-08 18:44:43

>> Yet all that is gone now. One day it'll be the same with
>> Outcome/Expected. It'll just be there, and widely understood. People
>> will use it appropriately without even thinking about it.
>
> That may well be, but don't ignore Charley's point about std::error_code in recent discussions. Correct usage is not always as obvious as early proponents of something suppose.

One thing I've learned in 25 years of providing and maintaining open
source is that you can never anticipate what weird things end users end
up doing. Like sticking a heavily modified edition of your code in a
mission critical role e.g. a quarter of all ATMs in Britain.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting