Subject: Re: [boost] [system] virtual ~error_category
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-12 20:36:39

>> Not if the error code's destructor deletes its category.
>
> Well it doesn't.

You misunderstand me.

I'm saying that there are people who make error categories via a
factory, one per payload carried, and they attach them to a custom
error_code whose destructor cleans up the bespoke error category.

At least, this is the gist of what Charley told me. I could be wrong,
memory could be faulty. I'm the wrong person to say on this. Maybe
Charley will pipe in?

I'd also loop in Chris on this. You might remember he said he's got
custom categories retaining state back when he was arguing against
fixing `if(ec)`.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting