Subject: Re: [boost] [system] virtual ~error_category
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-12 23:03:05

On 13/02/2018 09:40, Niall Douglas wrote:
>> So, I'm fine with dropping the 'virtual dtor' for 'error_category'.
>
> Ok, cool. For the record, proposed `status_code` is templated and thus
> can carry arbitrary payload, thus solving that problem in `error_code`.

Bear in mind that templating can itself be a barrier to usage,
especially when people want to keep implementation in cpp files rather
than making everything into templates.

(I'm not saying that templating is the wrong choice, but this was
probably one of the motivations for current error_code not being a
template.)