Subject: Re: [boost] [RFC] unique_val (handles, IDs, descriptors...)
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-14 21:48:51
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM, Miguel Ojeda via Boost <
IMO, such a class is definitely useful.
- unique_val should be copyable if T is copyable. Whether or not a type
which aggregates this is copyable is an orthogonal, separate concern from
what the moved-from state should be. If you go this route, unique_val is
the wrong name.
- Instead of providing operator bool(), why not provide operator T&()
and operator T const&()?
- What about comparisons of the form: unique_val<T, a> op unique_val<T,
- What about comparisons of the form: unique_val<T> op T (as well as T
- Propagate noexcept correctly, as it is dependent on the underlying
- Propagate constexpr correctly (for instance, your default constructor
should be constexpr).
-- Nevin ":-)" Liber <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden] <nevin_at_[hidden]>> +1-847-691-1404 <(847)%20691-1404>
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk