Subject: Re: [boost] Yap's formal review is starting now!
From: Zach Laine (whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-15 22:28:10

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Zach Laine wrote:
>
> (std::tuple is a *lot* slower to compile than hana::tuple)
>>

> Is it? Interesting.
>
> Either way, that's up to the user, isn't it? If he wants to use std::tuple
> and index with `get(expr, mp_int<0>())` or `get_c<0>(expr)` instead of
> `get(expr, 0_c)`, let him.

It could be, but that would be a much more complicated interface. As it
is, the user need only specify an expression kind non-type template
parameter and a Hana tuple to create a model of Expression. Adding another
point of customization by allowing her to specify anything for the tuple
that models some Tuple concept is a lot to add, considering how simple the
status quo is. I think it should be hana::tuple or std::tuple rather than
any Tuple.

Zach