Subject: Re: [boost] Yap's formal review is starting now!
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-17 00:27:33

Zach Laine wrote:

> If someone else wants to navigate MSVC's limitations and submit patches,
> I'll switch over to std::tuple in the interface, and maintain that work.

There's the option of stating everything in terms of boost::yap::tuple
instead, which today would be an alias to hana::tuple. It's questionable
exactly how much this will help users in the event of moving to std::tuple,
but it might be possible for at least some user code to not need changes.

On a completely unrelated note, have you considered the use case in which an
expression supports two separate modes of evaluation? yap::evaluate doesn't
take a "mode" parameter, and the way it's specified makes it hard to extend
it with one.