Subject: Re: [boost] request for comments in a new format library
From: Frédéric (ufospoke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-22 21:46:05

Hi Roberto,

After long time using boost::format, I searched for an efficient
formatting library and ended using fmtlib which I found extremely
quick and easy to use. From you benchmark, fmt is almost always the
quickest solution. I also like very much the fact that I can provide
some kind of printf format string as this is what is most suitable for
translations. What would be the advantage to use your library instead?

Side question: I am impressed by the very bad timing (x2) of the tests
on Windows compared to linux. Are they the same kind of
machines/processors? If yes, why such a difference?

Regards,