Subject: Re: [boost] [CMake] Status of cmake support.
From: paul (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-02-26 20:42:44

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 08:43 -0800, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:
> On 2/23/18 2:35 AM, Hans Dembinski via Boost wrote:
> >
> > Hi Paul,
> >

> > > On 21. Feb 2018, at 03:42, P F via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > >
> > > That is correct. I have built a collection cmake modules to aid in
> > > building cmake scripts. We are looking for a review manager for this, as
> > > the original manager will not be able to. In the mean time, I have done
> > > an initial implementation of cmake across boost, as a proof-of-concept.
> > > After the cmake modules are accepted in boost, the goal would be to
> > > integrate these initial cmake files across boost after author’s
> > > modifications.
> > I would be happy to fill the role of review manager for BCM, although I am
> > not sure if I fulfil the criterion of an "active boost member" already
> > http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html#Review_Manager
> >
> > If that refers to someone who maintains a library in boost, I do not pass.
> > If it includes someone who has been around for a while, participated in
> > discussions, submitted a patch to boost (I admit, it was a really small
> > one), and has a proposed library in the review queue, then I could do it.
> Personally, I'm thinking an active boost member is someone who has spent
> significant time interacting on the mailing lists and whose posts
> demonstrate the appropriate temperament, detachment, maturity, C++ and
> other technical competence.  I'm no sure how to assess though.  My only
> idea would be for those who have some opinion and/or knowledge on the
> potential reviewer to send a private email to ron garcia - our long
> time, well respected review wizard who schedules the reviews.

We had previously chosen Daniel Pfeifer for review manager. He's not a boost
author, but has worked on previous efforts to move boost to cmake. He's also
very knowledgeable about cmake, and we based a lot of our cmake design on what
he outlined in his Effective CMake talk.

What exactly the requirements are to be a review manager, I don't know, so it
would be best to discuss with the review wizards(like Ron Garcia).