Subject: [boost] [gsoc18] Student proposal reviewing (Internal process)
From: madhur4127 (madhur4127_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-03-14 18:57:03

Hi Boost Community,

As per Submission template
<https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/SoCSubmissionTemplate> a candidate is
required to show competency in C++ and must be "genuinely" interested in the
project and also in open-source community. Judging of competency is straight
forward, but how can interest be judged?
    Considering myself as example who had just got in serious open source
projects(Sophomore Undergraduate). My coding ablilities
<https://github.com/madhur4127/Programming-Competency-Test> are not at
expert level but I am improving and learning myself while my university
teaches knapsack greedy and automaton. Doesn't this gives an idea of
interest in open source of a candidate or am I being a sophomore is a
disadvantage with respect to other post graduate candidates?
    I know boost requires serious level work and it has world's most
craftiest libraries but does Boost prefer experienced candidates or take
chances with candidates genuinely interested in development and are
moderately skilled? As per the division rules "A student must be able to
write in C++".

Regards,
Madhur
gsoc18 aspirant [Boost.Intrusive]