Subject: Re: [boost] [concept_check] Reference page concept links out-of-date
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-09 15:22:39

On 4/8/18 3:07 AM, Spencer Collyer via Boost wrote:
> Not sure if this has been reported before, but any links on the
> Reference page of the concept_check library that point to SGI.com now
> take you to a page that says 'SGI.com Tech Archive Resources now retired'.
>
> Regards,
> Spencer Collyer

This is an incredible shock to me. I left a nasty comment on the
website voicing my displeasure. On a more constructive note, I'll find
a copy of those pages and host them on my web site at rrsd.com. It's the
only way that I feel confident that these unique historical,
referential, and didactic resource can be preserved.

It's incredible that the C++/Generic Programming world has come to this.

Note that my motivation is not just preservation for it's own sake.
These are eminently practical documents for understanding STL and the
form of designing Concepts and APIs. I refer to them regularly. As far
as I know, they are the only description/example of "formal" documentation.

If anyone has pointers to a little additional information, such as who
the author of these pages is (I'm guessing it steponov and lee) I would
like to hear about. Maybe I can preserve some of this also.

Robert Ramey