Subject: Re: [boost] [release] Boost 1.67.0 Release Candidate 2
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-19 17:52:39

On 19 April 2018 at 18:10, Deniz Bahadir via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Am 18.04.2018 um 12:42 schrieb Stefan Seefeld via Boost:
>
>> On 12.04.2018 23:42, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> a user just notified me of a Boost.Python auto-linking bug (Windows
>>> only, obviously), which I addressed in
>>> https://github.com/boostorg/python/commit/24313709a78c694af4
>>> ae29116cd06ea86585aa95.
>>> Please have a look and cherry-pick this into the release, if you think
>>> it's appropriate.
>>>

>> Given that this patch didn't make it into master in time, I'd like to
>> ask for a Boost 1.67.1 bugfix release, as I have got the first bug
>> report about the above (https://github.com/boostorg/python/issues/195),
>> and I'm sure this won't be the last.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> Hi Daniel and others,
>
> if you should plan a 1.67.1 bugfix release, you should include commit
> 12726cda009a855073b9bedbdce57b6ce7763da2 from Boost.Lockfree, too.

In the future it seems better to make sure all (known) things are in, as
opposed to "sticking to the schedule". I've said this before, so no need to
observe that there will always be bugs, sure. Rushing things, though, does
not seem to be the right approach.

degski