Subject: [boost] [lexical_cast] calling virtual function in constructor of `boost::detail::basic_pointerbuf`
From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2018-04-25 14:36:04

Hi everyone,
Following the recommendation, I am posting a note about the filed issue in
lexical_cast: https://svn.boost.org/trac10/ticket/13540#ticket

clang-tidy reports (while checking the code that uses boost::lexical_cast)
a virtual function is called in the default constructor of class template
boost::detail::basic_pointerbuf. (Function setbuf() is declared virtual in
base class.) This might be an indication of a bug. If not, I would
recommend using a different construct that avoids confusion, for instance
declaring the function override final in newer versions of C++, or
providing another function with different name but with the same semantics
as the overriding setbuf().

Here's the link to the offending call: ​
https://github.com/boostorg/lexical_cast/blob/develop/include/boost/detail/basic_pointerbuf.hpp#L42
Regards,
&rzej;